Manager Crew Scheduling
Our client, an European internationally operating airline, fly with a modern fleet of aircrafts from Airbus and Boeing. The leading Airline has direct flights to more than 50 destinations. We are looking for a qualified and experienced Manager Crew Scheduling (f/m), who is located in Germany and responsible for a flight crew to more than 240 people.
- Communicate & coordinate with: Airline(s) (internal-external), Company operations (network)
- Ensure that the crewing and related crew support activities are carried out satisfactorily
- Ensure effective use of airline policies and procedures in order to maintain compliance with the relevant airline requirements
- Manage strategic direction and focus
- Manage and direct crewing activities and long term planning
- Manage and direct the airline flight crew training organization
- Organize and manage the Crew Scheduling manual
- Ensure the Crew Scheduling Department is represented at the daily operations briefing and/or other meetings if required
- Provide, organize & review: Work rosters, Work processes and procedures Interfaces, Infrastructure and IT Applications to be used
- Supervise the work roster of the Crew Scheduling Department staff
- Manage communication within Crew Scheduling
- Perform staff appraisals and interviews
- Department and arrange for meetings as appropriate
- Organize the recruitment, training and evaluation of Crew Scheduling Department staff
- Ensure the production of reports, analyses and statistics as required by the Management
- Prepare annual budget for the Crew Scheduling Department to the Director of Ground Operations
- Monitor expenditures on an ongoing basis
- Internal Interfaces: Own airlines, NOC, NCG, Flight crews and Internal departments
- External: Chartered operators flying for other companies, Third party airlines, Airport operator, Local agent(s) (fuel/catering/services) and LBA
- Develop & promote team mentality and communication channels within group
- Provide active, positive and impartial leadership for team; actively works with staff to improve effectiveness/ productivity and ensure team objectives are met
- Ensure team members have access to adequate resources and support to meet obligations and deadlines
- Maintain the high standard and functionality of the crew related IT systems
- Make long term plans to obtain optimum utilization of manpower within EU-OPS Subpart Q rules and company policies
- Constantly review scheduling activities and adapt to new requirements as required
- Report to the Director of Ground Operations as required/requested
- An understanding of flight operations procedures and organizational requirements for airworthiness and airline operations
- Legislative and regulatory framework and other statutory requirements (e.g. ICAO, EASA)
- A working knowledge of other relevant international statutory and regulatory frameworks (American FAR) is desirable
- Strong interpersonal and Leadership skills
- Ability to perform in a team and to communicate with people under stress
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical staff
- Knowledge and deep understanding of airline operations
- Willing to work in a multicultural, multi lingual environment with different people in different departments and different social and educational background like Flight Crews, NOC/NCG, Maintenance, Dispatch, etc.
- Desire to get the job done at due date
- Ability to communicate complex issues in a clear and simple way
- To be highly self motivated, flexible, can adapt on fast changing situations
- To work on own initiative, prioritizing daily workload
- Flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, Problem Solving and Decision Making, Influence and Negotiation, Effective Communication
- Strong problem solving capability and analytical and organizational skills
- Willing to work night shifts occasionally
- Extensive experience in Flight Crew Scheduling or in other operational environments with a reputable airline
- Knowledge of airline operations and computerized crewing systems, preferably AIMS and/or NetlineCrew.
- In-depth understanding of complex regulatory requirements in relation to crew planning and scheduling is essential
- Knowledge of crew duty regulations, e.g. EU-FCL, EU-OPS-Subpart Q, 2. DVLuftBO, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and spoken English and German, a third European language is an asset
- Pilot license is an asset
Interested to this responsible Job? Then please submit an updated CV in English and German by sending an Email to the address below. Mr. Michael Engel will be pleased to provide some detailed information in advance, so please do not hesitate to call.
Geschäftsführer (m/w/d) für einen HR-Dienstleister
Deutschland / Baden-Württemberg
Leiter Konzernbuchhaltung (m/w/d)
Region: Gießen, Wetzlar, Butzbach
Supply Chain Manager (m/w/d)
Leiter Entwicklung Messtechnik - Bereich Computertomografie (m/w/d)
Mehrere Servicetechniker (m/w/d) für Maschinen im Bereich Umformtechnik für intern. Unternehmen
Junior Vertriebsingenieur Automatisierungstechnik (m/w/d)
Standort: verschiedene regionale Vertriebsgebiete innerhalb Deutschlands zu vergeben
Führungskräfte gehen in Ruhestand: Wie sollen Unternehmen darauf reagieren?
Änderungen in der Gesetzgebung haben Einfluss auf Renteneintrittsalter ...
P-51 Headhunters - Benutzerfreundlichkeit auf mobilen Endgeräten
P-51 Headhunters bietet ab sofort die Möglichkeit mit Smartphone, Tablet ...
Employer Branding: Der klare Weg zur Arbeitgebermarke, eine Definition
Es sind immer wieder dieselben Fehler, die selbst großen Unternehmen unterlaufen ...